Large Capsule Cardioid FET Condenser Microphone, Includes Flightcase and Suspension Shockmount.
At a glance
- True condenser microphone
- Cardioid, Omni and Figure 8 switchable polar patterns
- Dual-sided 35mm center-terminated gold-sputter Mylar capusle
- 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB Frequency Response
- <=250 Ohms Output Impedance
- 139dB Maximum SPL (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- -38 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa) Sensitivity
- <16 dB Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted per IEC 286-4)
- Male XLR 3-pin Output Connector
- 80 Hz 6dB/octave High-Pass Switch
- -10 dB Attenuation Switch
- Standard 48 Volt Phantom / 5mA Power Requirement
- Shockmount & Metal Carrying Case included
- 187mm x 51mm
- Polished Nickel trim with Metallic Cabernet Red Body
The Avantone CK-7 is a large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone with multiple polar patterns. Its rugged construction and high-quality aesthetic match a classy sound which makes this affordable mic brilliant value for money.
Machined from brass and finished in the bold red of Avantone's Cabernet series, the CK-7 is a "larger than life" vocal mic that, thanks to its selectable polar patterns, performs many studio tasks equally well. It is just at home behind a vocalist's pop shield as it is miking up a jangly electric guitar combo or recording the full-bodied tones of a cello. The Avantone microphones are known for their quality and affordability, and this is no exception - the 35mm gold-sputtered Mylar capsule and high-grade metallised polypropylene capacitors are components normally found on much more exclusive and costly microphones. Both sonically and in terms of build, this mic is a class act.
The CK-7 boasts multiple polar patterns that can be switched for various applications, making it extremely versatile in any situation.
To help keep your precious microphone safe, Avantone include an aluminium flight case with the CK-7, as well as a wooden mic box.
Custom Shock Mount
The mic is also bundled with a custom built retro-styled shock mount that keeps it stable and free from unwanted external noise.