Class A discrete transformer based microphone amplifier perfectly chosen to compliment our cardioid pattern, hand- built large diaphragm capsule.
The Blue Blueberry Condenser Microphone consists of a Class A discrete transformer based microphone amplifier perfectly chosen to compliment our cardioid pattern, hand- built large diaphragm capsule.
The Blue Blueberry has been designed to provide the commanding, intimate presence associated with the world's best (and most expensive) vintage vocal microphones. With its shimmering, detailed highs, smooth midrange, and minimized proximity effect (a bass boost inherent in all unidirectional mics), the Blueberry excels at delivering a vocal right to the front of the mix where it belongs.
When processed with limiting and/or compression, as is standard practice for most pop vocals, tracks recorded with the Blueberry will be free of pumping, low frequency thumps. Acoustic guitar, hand percussion, drums, and other critical high end sources also shine in front of the Blueberry, gaining an extra measure of presence that enables the most delicate sounds to cut through a mix, even at very low levels.
The Blue Blueberry Main Features Include:
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Sensitivity: 20.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1 Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Rated load Impedance: Not less than 1k Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 140 dB (2.5k Ohms, 0.5% THD)
- S/N Ratio: 86 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Noise Level: 9.0 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Dynamic Range: 131 dB (@ 2.5k Ohms)
- Power Requirement: 48V Phantom
- Weight: 520g
- Dimensions: 235 mm X 50 mm X 30 mm