Unique pressure-gradient cardioid condenser microphone, employing the Blue's hand-built single-membrane large diaphragm capsule coated with a 6-micron mylar film of pure gold and aluminum.
At a glance
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Sensitivity: 21.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1 Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Rated load Impedance: Not less than 1k Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 138 dB (2.5k Ohms, 0.5% THD)
- S/N Ratio: 86 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Noise Level: 8.0 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB (@ 2.5k Ohms)
- Power Requirement: 48V Phantom
- Weight: 630g
- Dimensions: 165 mm X 60 mm
The Blue Dragonfly Condenser Microphone employs an innovative design that offers fine tuning and precise placement to please the most discerning recordist, combined with an ease of use that is without equal among contemporary microphones.
The Blue Dragonfly is a unique pressure-gradient cardioid condenser microphone, employing the Blue's hand-built single-membrane large diaphragm capsule coated with a 6-micron mylar film of pure gold and aluminium. Enclosed within a rotating spherical grille, the capsule can be positioned and adjusted in the smallest spaces.
Complete with an integrated elastic shockmount, the microphone's electronics are based on a class A discrete circuit, with a transformerless output. Its sonic character gives flight to everything from vocals to percussion, electric guitar and bass, as well as more "difficult" sources such as saxophones and stringed instruments.