This B-Stock unit comes in original packaging, as new.
A full warranty of one year will be issued with this purchase.
At a glance
At a glance
- Analogue Harmonic Distortion Module
- 4 Tonal Shaping Processing Paths
- 3 Different types of distortion : SYM, ASYM and IRON
- SYM : Symmetrical distortion - where both sides of the waveform are clipped
- ASYM : Asymmetrical distortion - where only one side of the waveform is clipped
- IRON : Iron Transformer Saturation
- Input Drive LED designed to illuminate when a steady signal (or tone) reaches 0dbm
- Individual Bypass LED switches and Level control for each Distortion Circuit
- Automatic gain levelling circuitry
- 1970’s inspired shelving EQ at 100hz and 8khz
- Sweepable High Pass Filter from 30Hz to 350Hz
- Sweepable Low Pass Filter from 1.5kHz to 20 kHz
- Smooth 12db per octave Musical Filter Slopes
- EQ/Filter circuit can be placed Pre or Post the Distortion Circuits
- SUM mode feeds the input to all 3 Distortion Circuits simultaneously
- Overall continuously variable Dry / Wet Mix Control
- Made in the UK
The Malcolm Toft PUNISHR is a 500 series analogue harmonic distortion module with four powerful tonal shaping processing.
The Malcolm Toft PUNISHR includes three distortion paths that can be used in combination to create all kinds of sonic enhancements or destruction. A two-band EQ, based on Malcolm Toft's 1970's inspired circuits deliver a powerful way to place the tone in a mix and can be placed pre or post the three distortions paths.
Feel the crunch
This 500 series unit is not subtle. With a choice of Symmetrical, Asymmetrical and Iron (transformer) distortion in any combination, the PUNISHR offers powerful ways to make the source stand out, loud and proud. Each of the three distortion modes includes a dedicated IN control to engage or bypass each section. This can be very useful to hear what each circuit contributes to the final result or simply to remove it entirely. All distortion elements include a dedicated level control.
Not Just a Distortion Unit
Despite what its name suggests, the PUNISHR is not only designed for sonic mayhem but to bring life and excitement to otherwise dull sources.
The PUNISHR includes a two-band EQ inspired by Malcolm's 1970's EQ designs providing easy yet powerful tone shaping capabilities. Both shelf bands include a single frequency point (100Hz/8kHz) and can be placed pre- or post-distortion for added versatility.
Furthermore, it includes sweepable high-pass and low-pass filters to focus the distortion in a mix, and Wet/Dry mix control.
This unit is incredibly powerful and will work wonders on drums, vocals, guitars, bass, synthesizers, or even an entire mix.
The PUNISHR offers an incredible amount of features on a single-slot 500 Series module and some useful and innovative features. First is its unique SUM function that allows all three distortions to be simultaneous. It also includes an automatic gain circuit ensuring the signal remains constant even when a lot of distortion is added.
All parts are sourced and assembled in the UK by Malcolm Toft himself.
|AT A GLANCE|
|Demo in Store||No|
|Short Description||500 series analogue harmonic distortion module with four powerful tonal-shaping processing and filters|