4-voice digital oscillator based on the Edges module by Mutable Instruments adapted as a Buchla Module.
At a glance
- Aliasing-free digital synthesis, based on a 4 MHz digital timer.
- 5 preset duty cycles settings, from 50% to 95%, or CV-controlled PWM.
- 48kHz, 12-bit DAC without reconstruction filter for a raw sound.
- Triangle, bitcrushed sine, steppy NES triangle or various flavours of LSFR noise.
- Optional semitone quantizer on the pitch CV input.
- Per-channel mini step sequencer (8 steps) – perfect for creating rapid fire arpeggios. When the sequencer is active, the GATE input works instead as a CLOCK input.
- Input impedance: 100k.
- CV acquisition: 4kHz, 12-bit.
- Channel 1 to 3: 4MHz, 1-bit.
- Channel 4: 48kHz, 12-bit.
The Northern Light Modular 8-bit Synth Voice Model h8B is a 4-voice digital oscillator based on the Edges module by Mutable Instruments adapted as a Buchla Module.
The Northern Light Modular 8-bit Synth Voice Model h8B brings the raw fully digital 8-bit sound to the Buchla format. All four voices include a digital oscillator with two pitch CV inputs, Audio FM and a coarse pitch knob, a gate input for activating and deactivating the voice without external VCA. Voice 2 and 3 share the same inputs with voice 3 working as a slave oscillator with a dedicated pitch offset. Voices 1 to 3 can be hard-synced to each other. All voices are then fed to an onboard mixer or can be sent individually to other sources.
The h Series is half the height of a 1U 200 Series module and requires an h bracket to be mounted in a 1U space. Two h modules can be mounted in a 1U space.