4-voice digital oscillator with an additional FX section offering a choice of Reverb, Delay, Low-pass filter and Bitcrushing.
At a glance
- 4 fully CV-controlled 8-BIT chiptune-style module based on Mutable Instruments Edge
- Each voice has a pitch CV input, a gate, audio FM and a coarse pitch knob.
- Hard sync and Ring Mod switches
- Summed Output goes through diode Clipper Distortion stage
- Multi-Effect based on the Daisy ecosystem includes a choice of Reverb, Delay, Low-pass Filter and Bitcrushing
- MIDI Input with Learn button
The Northern Light Modular Space Arcade Model 2SA is a four-voice "chiptune" oscillator with an additional FX section offering a choice of Reverb, Delay, Low-pass filter and Bitcrushing.
The Northern Light Modular Space Arcade four-voice oscillator is based on Mutage Instruments' pulse wave synth " Edges", famous for its edgy, 8-bit chiptune-inspired voices. Each voice includes controls over Frequency and level controls as well as pitch CV and gate inputs, and an audio FM input.
Voice 1 and 2 can be hard synced together (1>2) while two additional switches allow for ring modulation between channels 1 and 2 (1x2) as well as channels 1 and 3 (1x3).
Space Arcade offers four modes:
- Independent: All four voices are spread over four MIDI channels starting on the selected MIDI channel
- Full Poly: Each voice is triggered by a different note allowing up to four notes to be played simultaneously
- Chord Mode: Only allows the first three voices to be used
- Unison: All four voices a triggered by the same note.
Each voice has a dedicated output or can be summed in a diode clipper distortion stage.
The Space Arcade Model 2SA also includes a multi-effect section based on the Daisy ecosystem, offering a choice of Reverbs, Delay, Low-Pass Filter and Bitcrushing.
A MIDI input also allows easy connection to an external sequencer or keyboard. The learn button ensures easy and immediate MIDI channel selection.