Innovative spectral resonator inspired by the 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator for Buchla 200 format.
At a glance
- Spectral Resonator for Buchla 200 Format
- Six filter channels, selected from twenty active filters displayed on the light ring
- Works as a filterbank, vocoder, harmoniser, audio scale quantiser,
- Rotation "spins" the frequencies around the scale
- Spread controls the gap between neighbouring bands
- Morph creates a variable speed cross-fade when the filter frequencies change
- Lock buttons prevent each channel from changing in frequency (resonance can also be locked)
- Freq Nudge knobs for creating de-tuning effects, or honing in on an exact frequency
- Stereo ins and outs stagger the bands into evens/odds for an immersive stereo field
- Spectral content outputs for each channel (Env Out) allow for vocoding (spectral transfer)
- Fast or Slow tracking speeds for Envelope CV ouptuts, or selectable Trigger output mode is useful for extracting a beat from music
The Northern Light Modular Spectral Resonator - Model 2SR is an innovative spectral resonator inspired by the 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator.
The Northern Light Modular Spectral Resonator - Model 2SR offers multiple applications from a classic filter bank, vocoder, harmonise, quantize audio to scale, output spectral data and more.
At the centre, it boasts a multicoloured light that displays the frequency of each filter as well as the levels and current scale selections. To fit with the Buchla 200e experience, Northern Light Modular have included a switch matrix as well as adapting the CV inputs and envelope follower outputs to Buchla levels.
The Spectral Resonator also sees the addition of two simple audio mixers with dry/wet controls allowing for gradual blinding of the effect without the need for an additional mixer.
Two Tinijax to banana cables are provided allowing trigger signals to “ping” the module.
The h-Series is half the height of a 1U 200 Series module and requires an h bracket to be mounted in a 1U space. Two h modules can be mounted in a 1U space.