SPL Phonitor X is a high-quality headphone amp designed VOLTAiR technology and Matrix for the professional or music enthusiast housed in a sleek housing.
The SPL Phonitor X is a professional and Hi-Fi preamp and headphone amplifier using SPL’s 120V Rail technology and Phonitor Matrix.
The SPL Phonitor X uses a dual amp system to power balanced and unbalanced headphones with up to 3.7W output power and are suited to any headphones with impedance higher than 10Ohms. It also includes SPL’s highly regarded Phonitor Matrix technology, which uses cross-feed to recreate the experience of listening through speakers.
The Phonitor X is also a superb preamp that can be used to drive power amplifiers or active monitors. It includes 5 input sources including two analogue sources via XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced), and three digital stereo inputs comprising USB, coaxial and Optical.
Using SPL’s 120V rail technology also known as VOLTAiR technology, the Phonitor X delivers higher headroom a truly natural experience with no ear fatigue. Combined with Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise figures of 0.00091% on headphones (0.00085% on line amp) and a frequency response range of between 10Hz and 300 kHz, the Phonitor X will deliver the optimum sound performance with huge dynamic range.
SPL Phonitor X Preamp and Headphone Amplifiers Main Features:
- 120V rail headphone amplifier and preamplifier
- Separate connections and power amplifiers for headphone driven balanced and unbalanced
- Suited for all headphones with impedances >10 ohms
- Balanced and unbalanced analog inputs (XLR and RCA)
- Optional digital inputs: USB, coaxial and optical
- Optional DAC: 192 kHz and 24 Bit, Win driver supplied, Apple Class compliant
- Balanced and unbalanced analog outputs (XLR and RCA)
- Innovative Phonitor Matrix: speaker-equivalent listening on headphones
- Laterality control: super-fine balance control
- Mono switch function
- Volume remotely adjustable (learns any IR remote control)
- Maximum output power: 2 x 3.7 W (into 120 ohms)
- Frequency response: 10 Hz - 300 kHz (-3 dB)
- THD+N: 0.00091 % (HP), 0.00085 % (Line)
- Dynamic range: 135.5 dB (HP), 136.3 dB (Line)
- AMP CTR connection with Performer power amplifier for coupled On/Off switching
- Made in Germany