Legendary, high-end, electro-optical compressor used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world.
This B-Stock unit comes in original packaging, as new.
A full warranty of one year will be issued with this purchase.
At a glance
- Legendary, high-end, electro-optical compressor used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Lag free, distortion free optical attenuator system
- Distortion less than 0.5% THD
- 0 to 40 dB gain limiting
- Balanced stereo interconnection
- Frequency response 1 dB, 30 to 15,000 cps
- Output level of 10 dBm and 40 dB gain
- Low noise less than 70 dB below +10 dBm output
The Universal Audio LA-2A Levelling Amplifier. Legendary, high-end, electro-optical compressor used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world.
The Universal Audio LA-2A Channel Strip delivers the classic sound of the original LA-2A. Audio professionals passionate about their compressors revere the LA-2A. The original was immediately acknowledged for its natural compression characteristics. A unique electro-optical attenuator system allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion an accomplishment at the time, still appreciated today. Universal Audio have re-created the Teletronix LA-2A, a Universal Audio Classics product. Painstaking care has been taken to ensure that every new LA-2A provides the performance and characteristics of the original. Each unit is hand-built, each component is carefully evaluated for authenticity. No expense has been spared to guarantee that the LA-2A will bring that classic sound to your recording.