Stereo all-valve 2U rack-mounted pre-amp with Pad, tone selection and 60dB gain
At a glance
- All-tube design
- Selectable tone switches offer four sounds per channel
- 60dB gain allows use of next-generation ribbon mics
- EF86 input tubes/6N1P output tubes
- Cinemag input transformers and custom-wound output transformers
- True VU meters
- Dual-level controls
- -20dB pad switch (per channel)
- Polarity switch (per channel)
- Toroidal power transformer
- Balanced XLR I/O and 1/4” direct inject
- Custom-milled faceplate, solid vented metal frame (2U rack size)
The A-Designs MP-2A is an all-valve stereo 2U rack-mounted pre-amp of exceptional tone and quality.
Recently updated, the A-Designs MP-2A is still built entirely to the highest specifications from discrete components with point-to-point wiring and no I/Cs to ensure the best signal path and with 60dB of available gain. Now the MP-2A features a 20dB Pad and 4 selectable tone paths to let you shape your sound more distinctively.
With excellent input and output transformers and well-chosen valves combined in the MP-2A pre-amp, you get low noise and the warmth and character that only a quality all-valve build can offer.
Highly consistent in operation, the MP-2A has won effusive praise from professional engineers and musicians everywhere, for all that a good pre-amp gives you: clarity, tone, reliability, adaptability - even with modern ribbon mics - and that...certain something, that makes engineers reach for their A-Designs MP-2A pre-amp every time.