The R44CE is a bi-directional ribbon microphone based on an original classic RCA 44 design offering a high quality and more affordable alternative to the R44C.
With the AEA R44CE using all the same superb high performance internals of its sibling the R44, itself derived from the legendary RCA type 44, but equipped with lighter external materials for the shell, Audio Engineering Associates has created an alternative offering excellent value and performance.
Capable of recording a wide variety of sounds, the polar pattern of the R44CE allows for great subtlety with only small changes in the angle of the microphone to the sound source.
The same smooth, warm appealing sound and precision build that has made all microphones from Audio Engineering Associates into modern classics, is also available for a lower price with the AEA R44CE - great news for anybody wishing to explore the sound of this wonderful range or just use a top-spec ribbon microphone.
AEA R44CE Classic Ribbon Microphone Overview
- Accurate reproduction of the original RCA Ribbon Mic
- Same ribbon material as the original
- Single diaphragm Figure 8 ribbon microphone
- High null-axis rejection
- Custom AEA Transformer
- High SPL capability, max level of 140dB plus above 200Hz
- Low Self Noise
- Consistent polar response
- Operable in high humidity environments
- Frequency Response: Below 30 Hz to above 20 kHz
- Passive operation
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a 3-metre captive cable
- Polar Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, -90 dB null at 90 / 270 degrees
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0/180 degree axis, null at 90/270 degrees
- Accessories Included: Custom storage/shipping case, stand adapter, manual and attached 3-metre microphone cable
- Made in California, USA