At a glance
- An accurate reproduction of the AEA R44CX - based on an original RCA type 44 Ribbon Mic
- Uses the same ribbon material as the original
- Designed to give greater upper-mid presence
- Built to the highest studio standards possible
- A single diaphragm Figure 8 ribbon microphone
- 6dB more output that the RCA 44B and BX
- Custom AEA Transformer
- High SPL capability, max level of 140dB plus above 200Hz
- Low Self Noise
- Consistent polar response
- Operable in high humidity environments
- Operating Principle: Velocity microphone
- Passive operation
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a 3 meter captive cable
- Polar Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, -90 dB null at 90 / 270 degrees
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0/180 degree axis, null at 90/270 degrees
- Accessories Included: Custom storage/shipping case, stand adapter, manual and attached 3-meter microphone cable
The AEA R44CXE is an affordable version of the R44CX high-output ribbon microphone derived from the classic RCA 44 original.
By using lighter, cheaper materials for the AEA R44CXE casing, but keeping the same internals and superb sound quality of the R44CX, AEA has created an excellent opportunity for those equipping their studio on a tight budget.
Designed to project the sound with slightly more presence than the R44, the R44CXE combines all the know-how that decades of modifying and repairing RCA originals at AEA can bring. That warm, wide smooth sound that ribbon microphones are fabled for, the subtle but marked tonal variety you can obtain with slight positional changes - the sheer musicality of their sound, are all there in the AEA R44CXE.
Keeping the flame of ribbon microphone technology burning fiercely has been the mission of Audio Engineering Associates since they started - by developing the AEA R44CXE they are giving you the chance to understand what makes them so special.