A legendary microphone now with nine selectable pickup patterns, 152dB dynamic range, 3 low cut filters, 3 levels of attenuation. Suitable for lead vocals, instruments, choirs & drum overheads.
At a glance
- Nine selectable pickup patterns enable to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
- Three switchable different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-eight and 4 intermediate settings
- Frequency range 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Preattenuation pad 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
- Impedance <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance >= 2,200 ohms
- Dimensions 50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.)
- Net weight 300 g (10.6 oz.)
The AKG C 414 XL II is the successor of the famous C 414 B-TL II.
The AKG C 414 XL II shows the unique sonic signature of the highly sought after AKG C 12 which enables lead vocals and solo instruments to be placed even in a dense mix. The unrivalled up-front sound is also well-known for distant miking applications like classic music recording or drum ambience miking.
The XL II version differs from the XLS version in one major respect - the capsule. Both, the slight presence boost and the impressive spatial reproduction is similar to the legendary C 12 microphones.
The AKG C 414 XL II offers nine pickup patterns which enable to choose the perfect setting for every application. For live-sound applications and permanent installations all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use. A Peak Hold LED displays even shortest overload peaks.
The AKG C 414 XL II comes complete with carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount.