At a glance
- 2 Channels of Classic API Circuit Design
- API 2520 and Output Transformer
- Proprietary AP2516 Input Transformer
- Variable Output Control
- Fixed Frequency High Pass filter
- Vintage Style Analog VU Meters
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap Selection
- Two Selectable front or rear female XLR Mic Input
- Front panel 1/4" Hi Z Instrument Input
- Front panel mic/instrument selection switch
- Front panel polarity switch
- Front panel 40V power switch
- Front panel -20dB pad switch
- Peak LED
- Maximum 68dB of gain
The API 3122V is a two-channel mic preamp delivering API’s signature analogue sound found in the 512, 3124+ and large-format console.
The API 3122V includes the legendary 2520 Op-amps and proprietary output transformers that deliver its unmistakable sound as well as its impressive headroom. It provides up to 68dB of gain and includes a -20dB pad that works on both the mic preamp as well as the DI input.
A variable output level control and a 3:1 output transformer selection switch allow further control of the tone of the mic preamp by allowing the amount of signal fed to the transformer without clipping the output. The DI inputs feed the signal directly to the Op-amps removing the need for a matching transformer to boost low-level inputs. The Op Amps can take levels up to +20dBu allowing for keyboards and other high-level instruments to be used directly.