The API 529 Stereo Compressor is a 500 series compressor inspired by the legendary 2500 and featuring API’s renowned 2520 discrete Op Amps, Thrust control and choice of Feedforward or feedback compression.
The API 529 delivers API’s unmistakable warmth, clarity and punch in a flexible small two-slot 500 series module. Featuring API’s Thrust side chain circuitry the 529 lets you tweak the sidechain frequency response for punchy low end. It also boasts an Old/New switch that allows you to switch between feedforward or feedback compression styles, as well as 3 selectable knee curve option to further tweak the compression response. Finally, an auto gain make up button lets you adjust threshold and ratio controls without affecting the output level.
API 529 Stereo Compressor Main Features:
- Continuously variable detented Gain, Threshold, Attack, Ratio and Release controls
- 10 segment LED meters show Gain Reduction and selectable Input or Output Level
- Over Threshold LED
- Patented THRUST® Switch for frequency dependent side chain control
- 3 selectable compressor curve Knee settings
- Selectable New or Old switch for feed-forward or feed-back operation
- Selectable variable or auto compressor make-up gain
- Three way In/Out including full hard relay bypass
- Audio circuit uses 2510 and 2520 Discrete Op Amps with transformer output