Recommended for Acoustic piano, acoustic guitar, string instruments and woodwind, orchestral, choir and stage, voice, narration, drum overheads, high hat or snare.
At a glance
- Multi-use modular system
- Recommended for Acoustic piano, acoustic guitar, string instruments and woodwind, orchestral, choir and stage, voice, narration, drum overheads, high hat or snare
- Open, big bold sound with a tight bottom end and a slightly steely high end
- High SPL handling - 130dB
- Super-flat response
- Operates on standard phantom power
The Audix SCX-1 HC includes the Hypercardioid capsule and the SCX-1 pre-amp. It offers exceptional directivity for noise rejection. Features 40Hz-20kHz response and 130dB SPL handling. Gold leaf construction, gold contact and brass housing.
The Audix SCX-1 system is a high-quality transformerless studio condenser microphone, designed for use with any of four interchangeable capsules. The SCX-1 incorporates the latest Surface Mount Technology making it compact and durable enough for years of reliable performance both in the recording studio, as well as for sound reinforcement or broadcast use. This microphone provides exceptionally flatresponse and low noise, operating on standard phantom power of 48-52 volts DC. The extended response at both ends of the spectrum and high SPL handling allows the SCX-1 to be used in the most critical audio applications. Polar patterns include omni, omni-presence, cardioid, and hypercardioid.
- Transducer principle: Condenser
- Pickup pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 40 - 20k
- Sensitivity mV/Pa, mV/ubar: 10 / 1.0
- Maximum SPL: 130dB
- Housing / finish: brass/black e-coat
- Weight (including preamp): 4oz