At a glance
- Out-of-the box match paired with any other CC8 due to factory calibration (+/-0,5dB @1kHz)
- Best-in-class off-axis response
- True condenser technology
- Transformer-less design—classic sound using modern tech
- High precision cardioid pattern
- Metal housing, cap, and grille
- A switchable high-pass filter
- Pads (0, -10 dB, -20 dB) to enable to pick up sound up to 156dB
The Austrian Audio CC8 Stereo Pair includes two CC8 microphones, mic clips and a stereo bar, housed in a sturdy carry case.
The Austrian Audio CC8 Stereo Set is a true cardioid small diaphragm condenser microphone handbuilt in Vienna for recording professionals.
The Austrian Audio CC8 microphone makes use of Austrian Audio&rsquo's latest OCC7 condenser capsule inspired by the legendary AKG CK1 capsule but updated for today's requirements. It uses a 3-micron, gold-coated Polyethylene Naphthalate (PEN) diaphragm instead of the traditionally-employed Mylar for its superior ruggedness. A fabric filter is also employed, increasing broadband cancellation, and providing a superior cardioid pattern.
The CC8 also uses a transformerless output design to remove any form of distortion and delivers a remarkably linear frequency response and extremely high sound pressure levels handling, up to 156 dB without any distortion.
The Austrian Audio CC8 offers an open and natural sound with silky-smooth mids and high-frequencies, resulting in extremely detailed recordings. As a result, the CC8 delivers stunning performance on strings, woodwinds, brass, orchestral percussion as well as guitars, piano and drums.