At a glance
- Dual channel, Pure Class A Microphone Preamplifier, andDI Instrument preamp
- Transformer isolated outputs for Reamping
- Deep and controlled bass, musical midrange for enhanced vocal projection and ultra high impedance "transparent" instrument inputs
- Two alternate solid-state topologies are cascaded to provide a rich, low midrange harmonic content not offered in other Avalon preamplifiers
- 100% discrete Pure Class A amplification and Avalon's unique "passive" TONE-BANK™
- Professional VU meter with dual peak LED's and multiple outputs including an instrument level transformer isolated Re-amp
- Ideal for ribbon, dynamic and condenser microphones, bass guitar, acoustic instruments, electric guitars, keyboards, synthesizers, and very low output passive pickups
- State-of-the-art DI input stage provides a very-high impedance, "zero-load" effect on sensitive pickups and keyboards
- Very high quality input transformer (same as the Avalon VT-737sp) with dual microphone input impedance loading for perfect mic/cable matching
- High-cut switch for eliminating unwanted acoustic pickup and high frequency noise, headphone monitor amp
- DC coupled, 100% Class A output amplifiers for defined bass control
- Buffered "thru" output for zero-instrument-load tuners or power amp inputs
- Internal toroid power transformer with discrete high-voltage power supplies for low noise
- Sealed silver relays for transparent signal routing
The Avalon V55 is a premium-grade, Pure Class A dual-channel microphone preamplifier with a DI instrument input and transformer-isolated outputs for Reamping. The V55 is designed to capture every nuance of your performance while delivering a deep, controlled bass, musical midrange, and ultra-high impedance "transparent" instrument inputs.
The Avalon V55 features two studio-quality preamplifiers and a "new sonic addition" featuring the best Avalon U5 DI functions. Two alternate solid-state topologies are cascaded to provide a rich, low midrange harmonic content not found in other Avalon preamplifiers. This unique feature endows the V55 with a new scale of sonic character, making it an excellent choice for professionals seeking superior sound quality.
The Avalon V55 DI-RE-MIC Preamplifier is a versatile, ultra-high-performance device for maximum flexibility. Its sonic signature, "Deep and Controlled Bass, Musical Mid-range and Enhanced Vocal Projection," combines with a range of user features, including 100% discrete Pure Class A amplification, Avalon's unique "passive" TONE-BANK™, a professional VU meter with dual peak LED's, and multiple outputs, including an instrument level transformer isolated Re-amp.
Ideal for use with ribbon, dynamic, condenser microphones, as well as bass guitars, acoustic instruments, electric guitars, keyboards, synthesisers, and very low-output passive pickups, the V55 is designed to optimise absolute signal integrity and musical performance. The state-of-the-art DI input stage provides a very-high impedance, "zero-load" effect on sensitive pickups and keyboards while maintaining massive input headroom to +36dB before overload.