Ribbon Microphone. Includes Shockmount, Wooden Case and Aluminium Transport Case
At a glance
- Versatile ribbon mic soprting a beautiful retro design
- Comes with Custom Retro Shockmount W/ Extra Elastic bands, padded genuine wooden Mic box, padded aluminum storage / travel case
- Dual Ribbon / Pure Aluminum / 35mm x 5mm / 2 microns thick
- Polar Pattern: Figure of 8
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 15kHz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance <=600 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance 3000 Ohms
- Maximum SPL 145dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- S/N Ratio 70dB re 1Pa
- Sensitivity -52 dBv +/- 2dB Re. (0dB=1V/Pa)
- Output Connector Male XLR 3 pin
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
- Weight: 16 oz (496 grams)
- Dimensions: 1.45" (37mm) x 6.89" (175mm)
The Avantone CR-14 Ribbon Microphone is designed to offer true professional performance. The character and performance is comparable to some of the very finest Ribbon mics...but at a fraction of their cost.
The rugged CR-14 microphone body and inner assembly parts are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and a black grill. The CR-14 has a unique, "retro" body design.
The transformer coupled output will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. Any studio can proudly offer the CR-14 as a guitar cabinet, room mic, drum overheads, vocal mic or utility room mic due to its versatility.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile CR-14 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The CR-14's dual, low-mass ribbon element which enables a much better sensitivity rating than most single ribbon designs. This design lends to fast and accurate transient response, ultra-high 148 dB SPL capability, and overall stunning realism. It has a figure-8 audio directionality (pickup) pattern via front and rear, with extended sweet spots (as compared to Large Diaphragm condenser mics & single ribbon designs).
The CR-14 has very low residual noise, with no internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion. It also requires no power supply.