Multi-Pattern Large Capsule Tube Condenser Microphone.
At a glance
- 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ dual 32mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsules
- -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF metal roll off toggle switches
- Hand selected Russian made 6072A Tube
- Suitable for studio vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, room mic, piano
- Package includes: Avantone CV-12, Custom Retro Shockmount W/ Extra Elastic bands,
- PS-12 Multi-Pattern Power supply with cables, elegant padded genuine wooden mic box,
- Premium Grade 6072A Tube, padded aluminum storage / travel case, Owner's Manual
- Capsule: Dual-sided 32mm center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Polar Patterns: 9 patterns selectable at PS-12 power supply
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent noise level <17dB
- S/N Ratio 78dB
- Sensitivity -35dB
- Output Connector Male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables
- Tube Type 6072A
- High-Pass Switch 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch -10dB
- Power Requirements: dedicated PS-12 Power Supply w/ selectable 115/230 VAC capability
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
- Weight .8 kgs / 1.8 lbs
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm / 9.5" x 1.8"
The Avantone CV-12 Multi-Pattern Large Capsule Tube Condenser Microphone is designed to offer true professional performance. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950‚Äôs & 1960‚Äôs, but at a fraction of their cost.
The rugged CV-12 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill. The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs. Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
The versatile CV-12 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character. The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.