Microphone and line preamp with four-band EQ inspired by the legendary 1081 vintage EQ and 1073 mic pre.
At a glance
- Inspired by the 1081 EQ points using the same inductor specifications
- Class A transformer-coupled
- Hand-wired, all-discrete using modular cards
- Four-band with HPF
- Low and high-mid band overlapping frequencies
- Extended selection for high frequency shelving
- High quality Swiss-made Elma® rotary switches
The BAE 1032 is a microphone and line preamp with four-band EQ inspired by the legendary 1081 vintage EQ.
The BAE 1032 features frequencies inspired by the classic 1081 analogue EQ with a passive inductor high-pass filter and low- and high-mid bands for greater flexibility. In addition, the high shelf band also features an additional 24kHz frequency for extended high frequency without affecting the mid-range.
The original 1081 uses a Class A/B preamp so at the request of many engineers, BAE changed the preamp for the much-revered 1073 Class A design providing the best sonic performance with no compromise.
Like all BAE products, 1032 features the same Class A transformer-couple circuits and high-quality components for ultimate reliability and long-term serviceability.