The Burl B1 is a Class A solid-state nickel-cored transformer preamp and DI designed for the 500 Series.
Already famed for their transformer designs, the Burl B1 uses a custom-made BX3 on the Input and a nickel-cored BX2 on the Output. These coupled with the capacitor-less design of the Class A circuitry, result in the glorious analogue sound quality that gives you maximum tone and expression.
More overdrive can be had on the Burl B1 by simply pushing the Input Gain harder and then riding the Output level - the tone is always full and wide. Impedance selection on the Burl B1 allows you to work with all types of microphones. The front-panel stepped controls give you easy replicability - an almost invisible feature that just makes life easier, especially useful for level-matching of later drop-ins and alterations. Pad, phase reversal and Phantom power are just a click away for complete adaptability.
Sound quality is paramount on all Burl products and the Burl B1 preamp and DI is no exception. Rely on the sound not just the specs - experience what the best can do for you.
Burl B1 Overview
- BURL custom BX3 input transformer
- BURL custom BX2 nickel output transformer
- Audiophile, discrete, class-A, direct-coupled, capacitor free circuit path
- Stepped gain control
- Independent output level control
- 70 dB gain
- Impedance select
- 1/4” front panel DI input
- 30 dB pad for hot signals and balanced line level input
- Phantom power
- Phase reverse
- Tri-colored gain level indication