The Buzz Audio DBC-20 is a modern dual-channel compressor inspired by vintage techniques and using silicon diodes as gain reduction elements.
The Buzz Audio DBC-20 uses two silicon diodes mounted in a balanced bridge configuration which is then coupled with a “Radio Steel” laminated transformer. In addition a Class A discrete amplifier design is employed ensuring a tight, colourful sound with rich harmonics.
A program-dependent ratio ensures a smooth control of very dynamic material such as vocals. Controls include Compression which controls the amount of gain reduction as well as the ratio, Attack and Release each with a choice of 6 fixed settings, and Gain to control the output level. A Hard/Soft mode is enabled by a toggle-switch offering a choice of more or less aggressive compression with more or less peaks. A side-chain HPF is also provided to limit its sensitivity to low frequencies. The Buzz Audio DBC-20 is a powerful compressor to use on busses, vocals, drums and more.
Both channels can be operated independently or in stereo mode thanks to a Link A/B Switch and each channel features a Bypass switch as well as a superb 15Led Bar graph meter to display accurate gain reduction.
Buzz Audio DBC-20 Diode Bridge Compressor Specifications:
- Levels: Maximum Input Level; +27dBu, Maximum Output Level; +27dBu
- Noise: -80dBu (measured A Weighted with 10dB gain applied).
- Gain: variable 0dB to +15dB
- Frequency Response: 6Hz to 400kHz measured no gain reduction.
- Harmonic Distortion: At +10dBu input level, no gain reduction; 0.28% @ 100Hz, 0.25% @ 1kHz, 0.15% @ 10kHz / With 10dB gain reduction (Release set to 400mS); 1.5% @ 100Hz, 0.5% @ 1kHz, 0.5% @ 10kHz
- Standard Operating Level: +4dBu
- Size; 1 Unit 19" rack mount, (482Wx44Hx250D).
- Power requirements; 230V/115V selectable, IEC detachable power cable.
- Specifications are typical of a production unit and are subject to change without notice.
- 0dBu reference = 0.775 volts RMS.