At a glance
- Optimize any dynamic or ribbon microphone in your locker with the Cloud Microphones CL-Z mic activator
- Excellent way to maximize your microphone’s signal quality, with problem-solving features and impeccable sonic quality
- Get the best sound possible out of any mic with the variable input impedance
- Low-cut filter is variable from 20Hz-250Hz to cut out unwanted low end, optimizing your signal before it ever hits your preamp
- Great way to transparently increase the output of ribbon and dynamic mics
- Rugged steel enclosure for excellent shielding and rock-solid reliability
- Requires +48V phantom power from your preamp
- XLR I/O
The Cloud Cloudlifter CL-Z Variable Impedance Microphone Activator is designed to solve common issues found with dynamic and ribbon microphones ensuring the highest quality output even with long cable runs in the studio or on stage.
The Cloudlifter CL-Z by Cloud is inserted between your microphone and the preamp and uses your preamp's phantom power to ensure highest audio quality. A direct-coupled discrete JFET circuitry ensures the integrity of the audio signal, while the variable impedance ensures your microphone sounds at its best. With impedance ranging from 150Ohms to 15kOhms, the Cloud CL-Z will easily accommodate any microphone you plug into.
The Cloudlifter CL-Z also delivers extra gain ensuring an optimised mic signal to the preamp. This is especially useful with some ribbon microphones needing a lot of gain that some preamp are not capable of delivering. With the Cloudlifter CL-Z you can increase the level from -12dB to +24dB ensuring the cleanest signal possible.
In addition, the Cloudlifter CL-Z also provides a variable low-cut filter from 25Hz all the way up to 250Hz to cut unwanted rumble or low-frequency noise offering adding flexibility not provided by many standard preamps.
The Cloudlifter is really rugged, and designed to be taken on the road in crowded live events or broadcast application.