At a glance
- Fully sweep-able variable impedance loading from 150ohms to 15kohms
- High-Pass filter frequency variable from below 20hz to over 4khz
- Three gain settings yield up to +25dB, 12dB, or 6dB with mics and up to +12dB, 6dB, or 3dB with instruments
- Compatible with 1/4” Hi-z instrument inputs and XLR Lo-z microphones
- Hi-z input of >1Mohm primary impedance prior to secondary loading via the Cloudlifter’s Vari-Z interface
- Improves microphone gain before feedback ratio in live & public address applications
- Easy to use self-contained design requires only phantom power
- Compatible with dynamic, ribbon, tube, battery, or power supply driven microphones
- Uses patented Class A, discrete JFET circuitry and patented Vari-Z user interface
- Rugged, road-ready, and portable for studio, stage, and broadcasting
- Free lifetime limited warranty for parts and labor with product registration
- Manufactured and fabricated responsibly in the USA
The Cloud Cloudlifter Zi is a variable impedance DI box inspired by their stunning Cloudlifter Mic Activator technology, designed for guitars and bass instruments and vocals.
The Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter Zi uses a variable gain with a three-position switch delivering up to +25dB for microphones and up to ¼” instruments and high-z sources. This gain stage gives users very clean gain with lower noise floor. The Cloudlifter Zi requires phantom power from a preamp
Vari-Z loading and high-pass filtering are provided to give tonal controls, helping you customise your tone in one simple turn of a knob.
The Hi-Z input connects to via the Neutrik Combination dual input connector and the signal goes through a Cinemag instrument transformer to a Lo-Z output.