Matched pair of Coles 4038s. Requires a 4071B for use with XLR connections.
At a glance
- Substantially flat frequency response from 30 to 15,000 c/s
- Extremely low (non-linear) distortion
- Exceptionally low hum pick-up
- Bi-directional (figure of eight) polar curve shape accurately
- maintained in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Excellent transient response
- Natural clear balanced response to sound signal
- Body shape to enhance acoustic performance
- Clear natural high fidelity sound reproduction
- Smooth sonic textured response
- Requires 4071B or 4072 Stand Adapter for XLR connections
The Coles 4038 Matched Pair includes two 4038 matched to offer the optimum stereo image.
The Coles 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone is a ribbon microphone originally designed by the BBC and used for broadcasting, it is favoured by countless engineers for its ability to capture a clear smooth sound with no transient distortion.
The Coles 4038 has become a must-have microphone for countless engineers, producers and recording studios as well as broadcasting facilities becoming a clear favourite with the BBC since its introduction.
The 4038 offers an exceptionally flat frequency response between 30Hz to 15kHz and a consistent figure-of-eight polar pattern throughout both on the horizontal and vertical axes. The result is a truly natural and smooth sound.
Originally designed for broadcast applications, the Coles 4038 doesn't come with the traditional XLR connector and requires an adapter. Two adapters are available: the 4071B XLR Adapter or the 4072 Stand adapter. Both are available to purchase separately.