At a glance
- C.A.S.T. Distribution Hub and Audio Over Cat 5 System
- Completely passive operation
- Fully-balanced, high-quality audio paths
- 8 Inputs and 8 outputs over DB25 (Tascam wiring) (sold separately)
- C.A.S.T. IN A, B, C, and D ports on RH45 with 2 dedicated Input and output paths each
- Compatible with any shielded Cat 5e/Cat 6/Cat 7 cable with distances up to 100m/330ft
- Improved crosstalk performance with high-performance Cat 6 and Cat 7 (recommended)
- Ruggedised metal enclosure
- Compatible with all Cranborne Audio C.A.S.T.-enabled devices including N22, N22H, Camden EC1, and Camden EC2
- Fully-support of 48v phantom power
- Rack-mountable with optional Half Rack Kit (OBDRK001)
The Cranborne Audio N8 is an 8-in/8-out advanced audio distribution hub for Cranborne's innovative C.A.S.T system, allowing for the conversion and distribution of audio over network cables.
The Cranborne Audio N8 includes eight analogue inputs and eight analogue outputs over DSUB connectors that are converted to the C.A.S.T system, sending analogue audio via CAT 5e cables (it is also compatible with CAT 6 and CAT 7 cables). The breakout box connects to your audio interface, AD/DA converter, mixer or audio installation to up to four C.A.S.T devices such as the N22 and N22H breakout boxes or as well as the EC1 mic preamp, providing up to 16-channels of audio.
Each of the four C.A.S.T ports provides up to four channels of audio (2-in/2-out) over a single network cable, greatly reducing clutter as well as allowing distances up to 100m with no loss of quality. Another advantage is the huge reduction in cost associated with cables as network cables are much more affordable than audio cables.
In addition the Cranborne Audio N8 includes routing options, allowing each of the C.A.S.T channels to send or receive audio from its dedicated channel or from channels 1-2