Highly flexible workstation back end with 8 channels of high quality D/A converters and a stereo line mixer with colour options to help bring analogue summed digital mixes to life.
The Crane Song Egret is an incredibly flexible eight-channel Digital-to-Analogue converter featuring colour controls and a Class A stereo channel mixer designed to breathe life to digital mixes.
The Crane Song Egret connects to your DAW digitally via AES or ADAT offering superior conversion jitter rejection up to 192kHz and works asynchronously via AES, meaning that different sample rates can be used at the same time.
For example if you are connecting several different digital sources with different sample rates, the Egret will automatically convert the signal to the desired sample rate. Each channel of the Crane Song Egret is routed to a Class A analogue stereo line mixer offering in addition to pristine conversion, the possibility to use it as a summing mixer or a backend to your DAW.
Each channel also features controls over level, pan, aux send (post), and colour. The Crane Song Egret’s colour option imparts a tape-esque sound for each of the eight channels with a complex mix of second and third harmonics. From clean and modern to rich and vintage, the colour knob offers a wide range of tonalities that can be mixed and matched.
Extremely flexible, the Crane Song Egret can also accommodate external processing such as a compressor or EQ by inserting the processor of choice between the balanced direct outputs and inputs. Moreover, The SRC switch can be used to bypass the sample rate conversion for situations where latency is necessary such as tracking instruments. The Crane Song Egret is also scalable and can be connected to Crane Song’s Spider with a special cable for summing additional inputs while mixing.
Crane Song Egret D/A Converter and Summing Mixer Features :
- Latest Crane Song Quantum D/A Converter
- 8-Channels of DA conversion via AES/EBU (single wire) supporting up to 192k or via ADAT (S/MUX compatible at sample rates up to 96k)
- Aux Send on every channel with Aux Return in master section - great for adding reverb
- Colour control to add a harmonic distortion to taste
- Class A Stereo line mixer for summing application
- Shipping Weight: 19 lbs. (8.6 kg)
- Depth Behind Panel: 12.5 inches (31.75 cm) plus cabling
- Panel Height: 2 rack spaces
- Made In U.S.A.