At a glance
- Hand built in the USA
- Active analogue summing circuits by renowned designer Chris Muth
- Super wide stereo imaging (crosstalk -109dB @ 1kHz) good luck finding crosstalk specs published by other companies
- Major headroom for any DAC (+27 dBu max input level)
- Effortless analog outboard gear integration
- Fully expandable with 2-BUS+, 2-BUS-XT, and D-BOX+
- Compact, single rack space
The Dangerous Music 2-Bus-XT is a complete redesign of the original 2-bus 16-channel active summing mixer with two custom colour circuits and dedicated Sum level control.
The Dangerous Music 2-Bus XT delivers an unparalleled soundstage with stunning depth and focused central image. Channel ½ and 9/10 can be summed to Mono, ideal for Kick drum and Bass if required.
The 2-bus XT includes two custom colour circuits comprising a transformer to add subtle 2nd harmonic saturation for lower midrange warmth and subtle complexity. The Coherence function works a little like a parallel compressor, increasing harmonic content as the signal is reduced adding excitement. Both the transformer and Coherence circuits are available on channel 15/16 and/or the Mix buss section to affect a single stem or the entire mix.
The Dangerous 2-Bus XT is scalable, allowing several units to be chained together for higher track counts, paired with the 2-Bus+ for additional colour options or even with the D-Box+ for comprehensive monitoring control.