High-definition summing, monitoring and conversion system
The Dangerous Producer Pack includes the Dangerous D-Box+ summing mixer and monitoring, Convert-8 and AD+ digital audio converters.
The Dangerous Music D-Box+ is an 8-channel summing mixer and DA converter and monitoring controller with an upgraded summing circuit, USB and Bluetooth connectivity.
The Dangerous Music D-Box+ is a powerful upgrade on the original D-Box with a completely redesigned summing mixer which offers a clearer sound with a huge soundstage, powerful mids and articulate midrange.
The D-Box+ also adds USB audio connectivity as well as Bluetooth allowing for Bluetooth-enabled tablets or phones to control all the functions remotely. this can be especially useful when in multiroom tracking sessions.
Three programmable speaker outputs are provided allowing up to three pair of studio monitors. Each stereo output can be used with the sub for full-spectrum monitoring. A mono switch also lets you quickly check the mono compatibility of your mixes.
In addition, the D-Box+ includes two high-grade and ultra-clear headphone amplifiers which can be made to monitor any of the five input sources (USB, AES, Analogue stereo, analogue sum, Bluetooth).
Like all Dangerous Music products, the D-Box+ uses audiophile-grade components throughout and built to the highest quality in the US.
Dangerous Music D-Box+ Main Features:
- Newly upgraded 8-channel analogue summing mixer delivers enormous soundstage and superior sonic impact
- Five analogue and digital inputs at your fingertips (analogue stereo, analogue sum, USB, AES/SPDIF, Bluetooth)
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming
- Free D-BOX+ app offers remote control of all major functions (volume, dim, talkback, I/O select, and more)
- Dedicated app runs effortlessly on current macOS and Windows computers, as well as IOS and Android devices
- Driverless USB audio connectivity for macOS; simple USB audio driver installation for Windows
- Onboard talkback mic with push-button activation (on front panel or remotely from app)
- Dual best-in-class headphone amplifiers with independent source selection and level control (front panel or app)
- Three independent speaker outputs (selected from front panel or from app)
- Programmable speaker selector allows for dedicated mono and/or sub inclusion on all outputs
The Dangerous Music Convert-8 is an 8-channel audiophile-grade D/A converter designed to offer transparency and musicality.
The Dangerous Music Convert-8 takes on the legacy of Dangerous's previous digital audio converters found in the DAC-ST, D-Box, and Source hardware units, and adds the latest in audio electronics technology to further improve performance. The Dangerous Convert-8 is incredibly detailed with highly defined and tight lows as well as unrivalled clarity throughout the audio spectrum.
The Convert-8 is the ultimate multi-channel audiophile front end playback conversion system for audio professionals. With five different digital formats: USB, AES, SPDIF, ADAT, Optical SPDIF, and USB protocol's bi-directivity to both send and receive digital audio, The Dangerous Convert-8 is also extremely flexible.
Dangerous Convert-8 8-channel D/A Converter Main Features:
- Hi-Definition 8-channel Reference Monitoring
- Audiophile Mastering Front End Playback Conversion
- USB Input for Direct DAW Connectivity
- 5 Digital Input Formats: USB, AES, SPDIF, ADAT, Optical SPDIF (Toslink)
- Compatible with Monitor ST/SR for Remote Switching
- USB digital pass-through
The Dangerous Music Convert AD+ is a no-compromise stereo Analogue to Digital Converter designed with proprietary jitter-elimination technology to deliver unrivalled transparency and musical detail.
The Dangerous Music Convert AD+ boasts a wide range of innovative features such as a switchable dual input that lets you compare between different mastering chains, against reference tracks or between recording, mixing or mastering configurations.
Furthermore, the Convert AD+ uses a proprietary clip guard which unlike a limiter doesn't affect the signal but simply removes the clipping information ensuring your masters are as loud as they need to be without clipping.
It also offers two Hammond transformers wired in series which are designed to provide character, weight and vitality. An Emphasis control further lets you tweak the sound with a unique mixture of shelving EQ and compression, adding 2nd order harmonic for larger than life sound.
Dangerous' own Jitter Elimination Technology helps reduce jitter below the point of audible significance, offering reliable clock operation for articulate, impactful and dimensional.
Dangerous Music Convert AD+ Main Features:
- Adjustable Sample Rate supports 6 sample rates for universal compatibility with other devices
- Selectable Calibration Level cycles through 3 calibration levels for compatibility with other devices
- 2 switchable, discrete stereo inputs with two switchable stereo input paths
- Clip Guard removes all clipping from your digital signal without changing the sound
- Premium custom digital meter with Normal and Peak Hold modes for precise visual feedback
- Zoomable metering provides magnified resolution, letting you view the top 10dB of your signal level
- Word Clock with three Modes: Internal, External, and Master
- X-FORMER button engages Chris Muth circuitry incorporating a pair of customized Hammond transformers
- EMPHASIS shelving EQ/Compressor induces 2nd-order harmonics for increased warmth and sparkle
- USB-to-host connection for Mac/PC
- Dual AES outputs
- ADAT optical output
- S/PDIF optical output
- S/PDIF coax output