Omnidirectional Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone.
At a glance
- SPL handling capability of 134 dB SPL
- Superbly quiet, allowing it to capture the nuances of the recording space beautifully
- A-B stereo (when used as a pair) with warmth and depth - often lacking in small-capsule designs
- Great for miking vocals, strings and other acoustic instruments with large dynamics
- 1 x MMP4000-SP Solid State Preamplifier for MMC4041, P48, 1 x UA0961 Microphone Holder, 1 x MMC4041 Large Diaphragm Capsule included
The DPA 4041-SP is designed to work in a standard 48 V phantom power environment. Since the capsule is the same as for the high voltage alternative 4041-S, the 4041-SP offers the same superior sound quality, with very slight changes in the specifications.
The cartridge MMC4041 can be unscrewed from the preamplifier which allows for the exchange of the preamplifier module. It is therefore always possible to upgrade to the high voltage preamplifier, also using the DPA mic amp HMA5000.
The frequency response has a 4-6 dB soft lift around 8 kHz and matches the response of the legendary Type 4040 Hybrid Microphone. This microphone offers a totally transparent audio path with an exceptionally low noise floor of maximum 8 dB(A) and a SPL handling capability of 134 dB SPL peak.
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: 24 mm (1 in) condenser with stainless steel diaphragm
- Power supply: 48 V Phantom power
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 20Hz - 20kHz with 4 - 6 dB soft boost at 8 kHz
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Max. 8 dB(A) re. 20 µPa
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±2 dB: 70 mV/Pa; -26 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Max 20 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% THD up to 120 dB SPL peak, <1% THD up to 126 dB SPL peak
- Preamplifier frequency range: 20 Hz- 50 KHz ±½ dB
- Output impedance: <200 Ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 100 m (328 ft)
- Microphone length: 170 mm (6.69 in)
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Weight: 190 g (6.7 oz)
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 118 dB
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 86 dB(A)
- Connector: 3-pin XLR-M (Standard P48)