Cost-effective and flexible stereo recording solution aimed at project studios and for discreet mic setup on stage.
The DPA SMK4061 Stereo Miniature Microphone Kit. Cost-effective and flexible miniature microphone kit for stage and stereo recording applications.
The DPA SMK4061 Stereo Microphone Kit is a cost-effective and flexible stereo recording solution aimed at project studios and for discreet mic setup on stage. The SMK4061 combines two DPA 4061 omnidirectional miniature microphones, Lo-Sens, with a variety of mounting accessories. These include the BLM6000 Boundary Layer Mount, which can be used in conjunction with a 4061 (or any of DPA‚Äôs miniature mics) to place the mic on a reflective boundary such as a floor, wall, ceiling, piano lid etc, enabling them to capture the ambient sound of the area. The sound captured from this ‚Äúpressure zone‚Äù has higher sensitivity, clarity and intelligibility compared to the sound captured from the "free air" and serves as a kind of acoustical zoom. Also included in the kit is among others the DMM0007 soft rubber holder. This allows all kinds of instruments, from acoustic guitar through grand piano to drums, to be mounted in the best-sounding position, using special non-marking adhesive discs. Two included DAD6001-BC Adapters convert MicroDot to 3-pin XLR (P48)for flexibility. Also available as SMK4060 with a DPA4060 Miniature Omnidirectional Microphone, Hi-Sens.
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarised condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Power supply: Min. 5 V - max 50 V through DPA adapter
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz, High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20
- kHz ±2 dB, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Preamplifier frequency range: 20 Hz to 50 kHz (+0 dB/-3 dB)
- Output impedance: 30 - 40 Ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Microphone length: 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Weight: <7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable colour: Black
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 97 dB
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB(A)
- Connector: MicroDot with DAD6001-BC Adapters to convert MicroDot to 3-pin XLR (P48)
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB: 6 mV/Pa; -44.5 dB re. 1 V/Pa