At a glance
- Push-button options include Peak Punch On/Off,
- 'Frequency Trigger' On/Off,
- -20dB or -90dB Attenuation and Gate Bypass.
- The industry standard Drawmer red/yellow/green 'traffic light' LED display gives the user a reliable indication of gate status.
- Special features include 'Key Listen' that enables the user to hear just the trigger signal for easier set-up. If Frequency Conscious operation (Frequency Trigger "On") is used, depressing Key Listen will enable the user to hear only the frequency band 'tuned' in on the Frequency Trigger rotary control.
- External Key allows the gate to be opened by an external signal.
- The MX40 Pro can also be set so Channel One triggers all other gate channels, and 'Slave Link' links Channel One and Two together and/or Three and Four
The Drawmer MX40 Pro Punch Gate is a high performance, simple to use 1U four-channel noise gate that offers the same extraordinary sonic character, ingenuity, and high technical specification that have made Drawmer the world standard in gating technology. The MX40 Pro is the first low cost, truly professional gate to offer the features and performance typical of much more expensive noise gates.
Drawing on our many years of experience in professional audio we have developed a series of lower-cost Drawmer dynamic signal processors, the MX Pro range. Aimed at the musician, project studio and live performer, who is determined not to compromise on quality, but have to work to a tighter budget. By using circuit elements drawn from existing top-of-the-line Drawmer products and by simplifying the control systems where possible, the MX Pro range is no less sophisticated than our other units, despite the price tag. As a result, the inexperienced user gains the benefits of Drawmer quality and performance, combined with lower cost and simplicity of operation.
The MX40 Pro features proprietary 'Peak Punch' circuitry which adds unique dynamic enhancement to the leading edge of percussive material, adding true 'punch' to the performance. The MX40 Pro also includes Drawmer's Frequency Conscious System (first introduced with the DS201 Dual Gate), which 'tunes' the gate to react only to a specific frequency band, dramatically improving gate operation. The MX40 Pro packs four channels of high power Drawmer gating into a single rack space, with controls and indicators designed to make set up faster and easier.
The Drawmer MX40 Pro Punch Gate offers an improved signal definition in complex mixes by isolating the desired signal from unwanted background noise. It is especially important in sound reinforcement and the recording of short term sounds such as percussion. The MX40 Pro Punch Gate Frequency Conscious System 'opens' the gate only when a signal exceeds the threshold you set within a specific and variable frequency band. This enables the gate to distinguish between a snare and a high hat, tom-toms versus bass drum etc. Drawmer's new Peak PunchTM circuitry further improves definition by dynamically enhancing the leading edge of transient signals immediately after gate opening, so percussive sounds 'punch' through the mix. The controls of the MX40 Pro are designed to reduce typical lengthy and complex gate set up. Only three rotary controls are needed per channel: 'Frequency Trigger' sets the frequency band the gate reacts to; 'Threshold' sets the level at which the gate opens; 'Release' determines how long before the gate closes after falling below the set Threshold level.