At a glance
- Three front panel colour options - Blue, Black and Vintage Green.
- Four core functions - Tape echo, Real Spring Reverb, DSP Reverb/Chorus and Preamp.
- Vintage FET EP Guitar Preamp (featured on Andy's Demos) and Modern FET Line Input Pre-amp (both with 1Meg Impedance perfect for guitar. This gives you two pre-amp tones. Allows use of an ABY pedal (not included) to switch between both pre-amps.
- DSP Reverb and Spring Reverb blend setting. Also allows Spring Reverb and Chorus blend.
- Switch that converts the reverb section to chorus. This will allow you to switch back and forth from Reverb to Chorus effect.
- Independent inputs (and level controls) for Instrument-level and Line-level applications, plus balanced input and output at rear.
- Three echo playback heads, and a Sound On Sound Head giving 14 Head combination Settings in total.
- Adjust the echo's Time and Feedback with Control Voltages (CV 0-5 volts) and compatible Expression Pedals.
- Bass and Treble control of the echo signal.
- Motor ON/Switch for tape slow down effect - or to conserve tape when only using the EF-X2's reverb or preamp.
- Mute the reverb or echo signal with a dual foot switch pedal.
- Comes with a worldwide-compatible, 100 - 240v power supply (no step-down or other transformers required).
- Built tough to last, by someone who's repaired and upgraded more tape echo units than you can possibly imagine!
- 2 Years Warranty for all pre-sale purchases with peace of mind that this is made by a company that has been operating for over 10 years specialising in tape echo repair and spare parts.
- High quality scratch resistant front panel.
- 2 Tape loops supplied with each unit.
The Echo Fix EF-X2 is a tape echo with spring reverb and additional DSP Reverb and Chorus reminiscent of the classic Space Echo.
The Echo Fix EF-X2 recreates the legendary sound of the classic tape echo device but adds many modern appointments such as a modern Line input preamp to complement a vintage FET EP guitar preamp, CV control (0-5 volts). Both preamps feature a 1Meg impedance which means that they can both be used as line or guitar inputs with different tones.
7 modes let you choose which of the three play heads are selected and in which combination. A Sound on Sound mode adds a fourth playhead on top of all three for a total of 14 total modes.
It also includes a DSP reverb with a blend control letting you set the amount of DSP and Spring reverbs. The DSP reverb can become a DSP chorus effect at the flick of a switch.
Designed by experts in Tape echos spare parts and services, the Echo Fix, the EF-X2 is the result of years of design and rigorous testing. As such only the best components have been sourced or built from the ground up where no suitable components existed. The built-in motor was designed using the latest high-tech machinery to custom balance them in house. Custom tape heads were also manufactured to meet exacting specs.
Tape loops have been carefully selected using a tape formulation that lasts for a long time and delivers stunning audio performance.
Tonally, the EF-X2 offers a warm vintage sound while the included feature set makes it a perfect fit for live guitar rigs, professional recording studios as well as project studios or bedroom recording setups.