19” rack, dual-channel, two-band inductor EQ based on original 1969 and 1970s designs
The Electrodyne 2511 is a dual-channel two-band inductor EQ using discrete transistor based on original 1969 and 1970 designs.
The Electrodyne 2511 uses the same inductors and output transformers as the original, made by the same manufacturer to strict manufacturing tolerances, as low as 2%. As a result, the Electrodyne is now much more consistent in performance and repeatable in manufacture.
Its smooth performance and EQ response at all gains and broad curves, delivers a vast range of colours that has not been achieve since the 1970’s the golden era for recording. Great to add sparkle and heft to vocals, or any source, the Electrodyne 2511 features four low frequency points covering 40Hz, 100Hz, 250Hz and 500 Hz and four high frequency points including 1.5kHz, 3kHz, 5kHz and 10kHz. A Peak switch changes the EQ mode and reduces the available frequency points.
Electrodyne 2511 Specifications:
- Input: Active balanced discrete transistor impedance converter.
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- +/-12 db gain range: Equalize or Attenuate
- 4 frequencies selectable per band. LF: 40, 100, 250, 500hz. HF: 1.5k, 3k, 5k, 10k.
- Peak/Shelf function on each band. Shelving at all frequencies, Peaking at 250, 500, 1.5k, 3k and 5k.
- Distortion: 0.03%typical.
- Maximum output: +30db at less than 0.8%thd. (+29.5db at 0.06%thd)
- Frequency response: +/- 0.25db, 10hz to 70khz typical
- Signal to noise: -85db typ.
- Made in USA.