The Electrodyne 501 is preamp and DI for the 500 Series format designed to the exacting original specifications.
The Electrodyne 501 uses a classic two stage discrete transistor circuit design with coupled transformers. A lot of care has been put to find high performance components similar to the original designs. For a start, the transformers used in the 501 are made by the same manufacturer to the exact same specifications.
In addition each amp stage has been optimised for peak performance based on Electrodyne’s original engineering notes. The Electrodyne 501 also includes a DI circuit with almost unlimited load and is capable to handle any musical instruments output. As a result the 501 is capable of delivering a surprisingly accurate capture of the real tone of your instrument. Directly connected to the mic input transformer, the DI circuit is capable of offering an impressive range of tones.
Electrodyne 501 500 Series Mic Preamp Features:
- Maximum Gain: 68db. Adjustable over 50db in 2db steps with two ranges using 20db pad.
- Output level control: Infinitely adjustable from 0 (off) to +6db over unity.
- Input impedance: Microphone, 50 / 200 ohms selectable. DI, over 7 megohms.
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- Distortion: 0.02%typical over entire gain range.
- Maximum output: +30db at less than 0.8%thd. (+29.5db at 0.06%thd)
- Frequency response: +/- 0.25db, 10hz to 60khz.
- Signal to noise: -80db typ, -60db at absolute maximum gain.
- Clip indicator: Monitors all three amp stages and illuminates when any stage is 3db from clip.
- Made in USA.