500 Series EQ featuring two-bands with discrete transistor and reciprocal active inductor.
The Electrodyne 511 is the classic two-band discrete transistor and active inductor EQ availble now for 500 Series format, based on their classic design from 1960’s and early 1970’s.
The Electrodyne 511 has custom inductors and output transformers made by Electrodyne’s original manufacturer with strict manufacturing tolerances as small as 2% ensuring performance consistency and repeatability.
This 2-band design delivers a smooth EQ response with surprisingly broad curves offering a wide range of tonal options not heard since the 1970’s. Using low and high shelves, the Electrodyne 511 is great for adding sparkle and weight to any instrument you plug into it. Covering four frequencies per band, the Electrodyne lets you easily shape your sound while the frequencies provided (40Hz, 100Hz, 250Hz and 500Hz for the low band and 1.5kHz, 3kHz, 5kHz and 10khz for the high band) let you shape the sound in musical ways.
In Peak mode the choice of frequencies is reduced to 250Hz and 500Hz for the low band and 1.5kHz, 3khz and 5kHz for the high band.
Electrodyne 511 500 Series EQ Features:
- Input: Active balanced discrete transistor impedance converter.
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- +/-12 db gain range: Equalize or Attenuate
- 4 frequencies selectable per band. LF: 40, 100, 250, 500hz. HF: 1.5k, 3k, 5k,10k.
- Peak/Shelf function on each band. Shelving at all frequencies, Peaking at 250, 500, 1.5k, 3k and 5k.
- Distortion: 0.03%typical
- Maximum output: +30db at less than 0.8%thd. (+29.5db at 0.06%thd)
- Frequency response: +/- 0.25db, 10hz to 70khz typical
- Signal to noise: -85db typ
- Made in USA.