The classic dynamic cardioid end fire RE 20 is a great option for kick, snare, bass, voice and Radio DJ. Built to last.
At a glance
- Response tailored especially for vocals with high sound pressure handling capabilities
- Rugged, steel construction with low handling noise
- The RE 20 features a supercardioid polar pattern which is extremely effective in isolating sound sources while reducing background noise
- An internal blast and wind filter eliminates "pop" and wind noise at the closest proximity
- The "bass tilt down" switch corrects spectrum balance for use in long reach situations and eliminates low frequency noise and rumble
- The RE20's flat frequency response remains flat even at extremely close proximities
- Widely described as a 'problem solving' microphone and can be found in every top studios microphone collection
The classic dynamic cardioid end-fire Electrovoice RE 20 is a great option for kick, snare, bass, voice and Radio DJ. Built to last.
A broadcast industry standard, the Electro-Voice RE20 is a cardioid dynamic microphone that delivers reliable, low-noise performance with exceptional clarity and definition.
The RE20 is smooth across a wide spectrum of frequencies, and because it's a Continuously Variable-D mic, it's virtually free of bass-boosting "proximity effect" when used close-up. A "bass tilt down" switch corrects spectrum balance for use in long reach situations or other bass attenuation applications, making it great for acoustic/electric bass and kick drum.
- Transducer: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 18 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio Hum Pickup Level, typical (60Hz / 1 milliOersted field) : -130dBm
- Power Requirements: Dynamic, No Phantom or Battery Power required
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type
- Dimensions: 216.7 x 54.4 mm
- Weight: 737 g