The Elektron Octatrack MKII also known as the Elektron DPS-1-MKII is a re-engineered version of the iconic Octatrack Sampler, with improved workflow, UI, OLED display, more tactile buttons and much much more.
Octatrack at its core is an eight-track performance sampler and sequencer, with an advanced editing toolkit and an array of performance tools that set the Octatrack above the rest of the pack and make it a vital tool for any enthusiastic live performer or for those who simply like to mangle audio!
When it comes to connectivity Elektron haven't been shy, on hand there's:
- 1 √ó ¬º" headphones output
- 2 √ó ¬º" impedance balanced main output
- 2 √ó ¬º" impedance balanced cue output
- 4 √ó ¬º" balanced external input
- 1 √ó USB 2.0 High-Speed port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports for synchronization and control
Improvements over the original MKI include:
- Crisp OLED screen providing optimal feedback in dimly lit environments
- Ultra-durable back-lit buttons. Rated for 50 million presses
- Contactless silky smooth performance crossfader
- Precise, hi-res encoders
- Increased amount of dedicated buttons enabling quicker workflow
- Balanced audio inputs with plenty of headroom
Compatible with all Octatrack MK1 data and projects, the new MKII provides all the upgrades users soo desperately wanted and the new UI features that new users and non-elektron dudes were so keen to see.