Dual-channel double filter based on the infamous Russian Polivoks synthesiser, recreating its unique and iconic filter tone with the classic Soviet chip. It may be used in stereo mode or as two independent filters
At a glance
- Dual-channel Multi-mode filter based on the iconic Polivoks
- Uses classic Soviet Chip
- 12dB/oct multi-mode filters
- Four filter modes: Low-pass, bandpass, High-pass, Notch
- Resonance go up to self-oscillation
- Hard/Soft Modes
- White and Pink noise generators
- CV inputs for external control of filter cut-off
- Input goes from line level to modular synth level
- Ctrl input for use with external momentary switches (not included)
- Wet/Dry control
The Elta Music Polyvox PF3 is a dual-channel double filter based on the infamous Russian Polivoks synthesiser, recreating its unique and iconic filter tone with the classic Soviet chip. It may be used in stereo mode or as two independent filters.
Elta Music Polyvox PF3 has two separate 12dB multi-mode filters that can be used individually or linked where a single cutoff knob affects both channels. When linked in series, the filter becomes a 24dB filter. When linked in stereo, employing different modes on each channel can provide intriguing effects.
Each filter has four modes: low-pass, bandpass, hi-pass, and notch. A Hard/Soft switch allows users to choose between the original Polyvox sound (Hard) and a softer option that emulates the filter found in the Maestro, another Soviet synth, by altering the filter's slope.
Each filter has a CV input that allows you to set the cut-off frequency from an external source, such as an LFO or an envelope from a modular synthesiser. The External CV signal can also be used to control both filters simultaneously.
A noise generator in the pre-filter path may create white and pink noise separately. Each channel also provides volume and wet/dry control.