At a glance
- Delay and filter box
- Five delay modes
- Multi-mode filter
- Tap tempo
- Tube overdrive
- Five-pin DIN MIDI for sync
- Input level from line-level to modular level
- Feedback and resonance go up to self-oscillation
- 48kHz 24-bit sampling
- 4Hz-24kHz frequency range
- Input goes from line level to modular synth level
- Ctrl input for use with external momentary switches (not included)
- 1–5000ms with 1/8...x8 of clock/tap rate in beat mode
The Erica Synths Zen Delay is a bpm-synced stereo delay with multi-mode filter and tube drive designed in collaboration with Ninja Tune.
The Erica Synths Zen Delay features five delay modes: tape, Tape Ping Pong, Digital Ping Pong, Digital and Vintage. The delay can be independently turned off, leaving the Zen Delay to act as a filter. The delay section includes a tap tempo button to sync delay time to the tempo or it can be sync’d to MIDI Clock. In MIDI Clock sync mode, the time knob serves as time division of the incoming MIDI Clock (e.g. 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 ,1/2…)
The Filter section includes a multi-mode stereo 24dB filter with a choice of Lowpass, bandpass, high-pass modes. A Tube overdrive offers powerful sound shaping and destruction of the incoming signal. A limiter ensures the volume remains consistent despite the increase in overdrive.
For further sound shaping, the delay feedback and filter resonance can be made to self-oscillate adding additional grit and sound extermination. The Zen delay is a super powerful effects unit ideal for electronic musicians, DJs, producers, guitarists and more.