The Focal Shape 40 is a two-way active nearfield studio monitor with passive radiators designed to provide reliable performance and acoustic transparency.
The Focal Shape 40 boasts a newly developed Flax sandwich cone which offers greater rigidity lightness and internal damping for a high performance and transparent diaphragm. In conjunction, the tweeter has been upgraded with a new “M”-shaped aluminium-magnesium dome tweeter which provides improvements in transient response. Both drivers are augmented by two side passive radiators which provide extended low frequency without the artefacts of ported designs.
The midrange driver also features a unique patented Tuned Mass Damper which adds two tubular rings to stabilise the dynamic behaviour of the surroundings. This new patented technology provides greatly improved response linearity between 1 and 2kHz. The Focal Shape 40 also uses Focal’s Neutral Inductance Circuit technology which minimises magnetic field distortion.
These technologies are the result of years of research and implementation in Focal’s top of the range audiophile speakers and now ported into compact studio monitors.
Focal Shape 40 Main Features:
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (Mounting accessories not supplied).