The Focal Shape 65 is a two-way active nearfield studio monitor with passive radiators designed to provide stunning monitoring qualities throughout the whole frequency range.
The Focal Shape 65 features Focal’s new Flax sandwich cone designed to give the ultimate combination of rigidity, lightness and internal damping for superior performance. In addition, it boasts a new 1” “M”-shaped aluminium-magnesium dome tweeter which provides improved transient response, stereo image and a wide sweet spot. Furthermore, two side passive radiators provide extended low frequency without the issues associated with ported designs.
Additional technologies include a patented Tuned Mass Damper which adds two tubular rings on the edge, thus stabilising the dynamic behaviour of the surroundings for greatly improved response linearity between 1 and 2kHz. Focal’s innovative Neutral Inductance Circuit technology also considerably minimises magnetic field distortion which is notoriously difficult to control.
These technologies are the result of years of research and implementation in Focal’s top of the range audiophile speakers and now ported into compact studio monitors.
Focal Shape 65 Main Features:
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (Mounting accessories not supplied).