Tube compressor that innovatively incorporates valve technology and introduces a customizable version of the Tube Boost function from the Empress. Featuring a sidechain filter, it operates in stereo and mono modes, offering three compression modes spanning from a gentle LA2 style to an unprecedented level of aggression for optical compressors. The Governor's standout feature is its dual slope compressor design, allowing users to set an additional threshold point beyond the primary threshold for a steeper release curve and higher compression ratio. This dual-phase compression within one device provides remarkable flexibility, enabling a range of effects from classic levelling to modern optical compressor characteristics and extreme aggression. The Governor stands out as a versatile and powerful tool for shaping audio dynamics with precision.
At a glance
- Tube compressor with innovative valve technology
- Customizable Tube Boost function inspired by the Empress
- Versatile sidechain filter that can receive external signals
- Operates in both stereo and mono modes
- Three compression modes, from gentle LA2 style to extreme aggression
- Dual slope compressor design with an additional threshold point beyond the primary threshold
- A steeper release curve and higher compression ratio beyond the second threshold
- Multi-stage dynamic control for flexible sound shaping
- Achieves a range of effects, from classic levelling to modern optical compressor characteristics
- Precise feedback through a meter section with a peak hold function
- Capable of handling timing automation
- Exceptional flexibility and power for audio dynamics shaping.
The Gainlab Audio GLA-OC1 The Governor is a Tube compressor that introduces a highly customizable version of the Tube Boost function in the Empress. Notably, it incorporates a versatile sidechain filter, capable of receiving external sidechain signals and functioning in stereo and mono modes. Featuring three compression modes, the Governor spans from a subtle LA2 style to an unprecedented level of aggression not typically associated with optical compressors.
Distinctively, the Governor employs a dual slope compressor design, exemplifying its innovative approach. In this context, the dual-slope mechanism involves setting an additional threshold beyond the primary compressor threshold. Past this secondary threshold, the release curve of the compressor steepens significantly, resulting in a higher compression ratio. Essentially, this design emulates multi-stage dynamic control, allowing the first threshold to establish a compressor with a lower ratio and a smoother knee while the second threshold configures a compressor with a higher ratio and a steeper knee.
The unique interaction between these dual compression phases within a single device adds a layer of flexibility to the Governor's sound profile. Users can achieve a spectrum of results, ranging from classic levelling effects to the characteristics of modern optical compressors. Notably, the Governor can unleash unprecedented aggression in optical compressors, particularly under extreme settings. This remarkable combination of features makes the Gainlab Audio Governor a versatile and powerful tool for shaping and enhancing audio dynamics.