At a glance
- Class A Mic/ Intsrument preamplifier
- Output transformer: Lundahl LL1585 High-end
- Sound driven by goldcontact mechanical or ultra low R-On solid state relays
- EIN: -130 dBu / -133 dBv (20Hz/20Khz with 60 dB gain, 150 Ohms input)
- THD + N: 0,05%
- Mic Input Impedance: 5K
- DI Input Impedance: 500K
- Input Gain: 0 to 66dB in 12 steps
The GC Audio Realism Preamp is a 500 Series single-channel mic preamp designed to capture the source with maximum realism and sharp transient reproduction.
The GC Audio Realism Preamp employs a differential Class A design with ultra-low noise SSM 2212 paired transistors, ultra-quiet OPA 1612 op-amps, and a Lundahl LL1585 high-end transformer for the output stage, enhancing presence and proximity. A solid low output impedance current generator stage precedes the transformer.
Each capacitor has been carefully selected to meet the highest standards, combining Wilma plastics for lower values with Nichicon Long Life low ESR Electrolytics for higher values. Each coupling and decoupling link has been optimised for improved phase coherence.
Using gold contact mechanical relays or ultra-low Ron solid state relays, the audio path is completely isolated from the controls.