At a glance
- Fast and musical transimpedance architecture
- Precision audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- New 12 position gold plated rotary gain switch
- High-performance output line driver amplifier and HPF amplifier
- New Ribbon mic mode (also great for dynamic mics) - Relay bypass of phantom power decoupling capacitors, increased input impedance, and 48V lockout
- Wide 10-75dB gain range
- Enhanced RFI interference suppression
- Three output connectors: XLR balanced, TRS balanced and ¼” unbalanced
- Bombproof laser-etched black anodized front panel
- Sealed gold contact relay for Hi-Z input switching
- Led indicators for +48V, Ribbon mode, and HPF
- Five-year warranty on parts and labour
- Made in the USA
Presenting the Grace Design m501, the 500 series module version of the venerable m101 mic preamplifier. Now the signature transparency and detail of Grace's circuit designs are available for your 500 series frame.
While the 500 series market has plenty of coloured mic preamplifier options, the natural, musical clarity of the m501 makes it a welcome addition to the field. This circuit is for engineers confident with the quality of the source, mic section and placement, and wish to capture it with as little colouration or distortion as possible.
The m501 module is a balanced, transformerless design, with 48V phantom power, a 75Hz HPF and a 1/4" HI-Z instrument input. Also standard is the exclusive ribbon mic mode, which raises the mic input impedance, bypasses the input decoupling capacitors and deactivates 48V phantom to protect delicate ribbon mics from damage.
Large diaphragm, vintage ribbon or trusty dynamic - the m501 brings out the very best in any microphone and takes the guesswork out of your input chain.