The Graham Audio BBC LS3/5 is a faithful recreation of the legendary BBC LS3/5 studio monitor and built under licence to exacting standard.
The Graham Audio LS3/5 is a compact studio monitor designed to provide highly detailed sound for critical assessment in small areas such as OB vehicles and control rooms.
Just like the original, it uses an 110mm (5") Bextrene driver for the bass and midrange as well as a 19mm dome tweeter. The LS3/5 also includes a complex passive crossover network with several components used to correct the pass-band frequency response. This unique design helps provide a very detailed experience despite the limited frequency response (70Hz to 20kHz +/- 3dB). Both drivers and crossover are developed in partnership with Volt and Seas to provide the finest material.
The cabinet is made of 9mm birch plywood, covered in real wood veneer, and the rear panel is removable.
Graham Audio LS3/5 Passive Studio Monitor Overview:
- 2 Way, sealed enclosure
- Thin wall enclosure construction, 9mm birch plywood, removable rear panel
- Real wood veneer finish
- Dimensions (w/h/d): 19cm x 30cm x17cm
- Weight: 5.3kg
- Frequency response: 70Hz to 20kHz, +/-3dB
- Nominal impedance: 9 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 83dB SPL (2.83V, 1m)
- Maximum output: 95dB for a pair at 2m
- Bass/midrange driver: 110mm Bextrene
- Tweeter: 19mm Dome tweeter
- Recommended amplifier power: 25 to 50 watts unclipped programme