The Hammer Audio HA-872 is a multi-pattern FET large diaphragm condenser microphone entirely hand-built in the UK.
The Hammer Audio HA-872 is inspired by classic microphones from the ‘70s but tweaked to suit the needs of modern recordings. It features two modes including a classic mode which is reminiscent of “vintage” U87 microphones and modern mode which offers a more open sound, typical of more modern microphones. Additional controls include a 3-way polar pattern switch offering a choice between Omni, cardioid and Figure-of-eight, as well as a three-position low-cut switch.
The isolated backplane capsule is housed in a triple layer headbasket that helps control pops and unwanted reflections as well as a reduce proximity effect when used close to the source. The microphone is handmade in the UK with NOS components.
It comes with a custom shockmount and a high-quality 3 metre XLR cable, all housed in a custom flight case with pre-cut foam.
Hammer Audio HA-872 Main Features:
- Element: Isolated Dual Back plane 6 micron Mylar - 34mm Center Terminated
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omni, Figure of 8
- Frequency Response: 20hz-20,000hz (-6db at 50hz)
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 10mv/pa
- Impedance: 200Ω
- Noise Level: +14db
- Dynamic Range (SPL): 142db at 1khz
- Signal - Noise Ratio: 78db
- Max Current Draw: 0.4A
- Requires 48v Phantom Power
- Front Switch - Pattern Select (3 pole switch - Cardioid, Fig.8, Omni)
- Low Cut Points - 0Hz/80Hz/180Hz (3 pole switch)
- Switchable De-emphasis - (2 pole switch) “Vintage” - “modern”
- Size -240mm x 75mm x 75mm (at widest points)
- Microphone - 791g, including case, cable and mount - 3.087kg
- XLR output
- 3-year warranty