At a glance
- Frequency response: 45Hz - 50kHz
- 2x 100W ICEpower amps from Denmark
- HEDD Lineariser Integration
- CoP Technology
- Phase-Linear Subwoofer/ Satellite System
- Max. SPL:112dB
- XLR & RCA inputs
- Solid unibody-like cabinet with a modern matt-black rubber finish
- Input Gain -30dB +6dB / +/-4dB
- High (+/-4dB at 20kHz) and Low (+/-4dB at 50Hz) shelf controls
- Universal Mains (85V – 265V)
- Weight: 15kg
- Made in Germany
The HEDD Type 05 mk2 is a 2-way active nearfield studio monitor with a 5” woofer, HEDD Air Motion Transformer, CoP Technology and integrated Lineariser.
The HEDD Type 05 mk2 features two 100 Watt amps to power its 5” woofer and AMT tweeter providing a frequency response of 45Hz to 50kHz and powerful dynamics with max SPL of 112dB.
The Type 05 mk2 also includes HEDD's innovative CoP technology which combines physical plugs to block the ports with FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filters giving you the choice between the tighter and accurate transient response of closed cabinets or the increased bass response and higher SPL.
A new HEDD Lineariser function is integrated directly on the speaker, offering phase response correction between tweeter and woofer, for a much tighter and punchier sound. When tracking, in the same room, it is possible to disengage that function to remove the 10ms latency created by the HEDD Lineariser.
When combined with HEDD's subwoofers, a Group Delay Compensation control allows for the adjustment of the distance between the satellites and sub ensuring maximum phase coherence, creating a linear subwoofer/satellite system.