The Kii Three is a revolutionary active studio monitor with a DSP controlled cardioid polar pattern and is designed to provide the performance of main monitors with the footprint of near-field monitors.
The Kii Three boasts no less than six drivers including four 6.5 woofers (two at the back and on the side), one 1x5” midrange driver and one 1” waveguided tweeter each powered by six 250W full custom NCore Class D amp designed by Bruno Putzeys. Its unique cardioid polar pattern is achieved through the use of Active Wave Focusing technology that allows perfect directionality of bass and low mid frequencies, a feat unachievable using traditional designs. The use of Active Wave Focusing filters ensure a perfectly coherent wave only emitted forward greatly reducing unwanted reflections and smearing caused by back wall reflections.
Each driver has its own inaudible DSP D/A conversion and amplification which actively improves distortion performance and contributes to the extreme resolution of the speaker. As a result, the Kii Three is louder and cleaner than much bigger traditional speakers. The speaker provides digital and analogue inputs with digital inputs upsampled and reclocked with Kii’s own jitter rejection algorithm.
Kii Three Main Features:
- Compact DSP controlled monitor speaker
- 4x 6.5" woofer, 1x5" midrange, 1" waveguided tweeter, all individually driven
- Amplification: 6x250W full-custom Ncore Class D
- Active Wave Focusing crossover filter
- Frequency response: 20Hz...25kHz +/- 0.5dB
- Phase response: minimum (best possible time coherence).
- Long term SPL(*): 105dB
- Short term SPL(*): 110dB
- Peak SPL: 115dB
- Controlled Directivity: 4.8dB (80Hz - 1kHz, slowly rising thereafter)
- Size: 20x40x40cm, 8"x16"x16" (WxHxD)
- Weight: 15kg (33lbs)
- Inputs: Analogue, AES/EBU
- Selectable correction for free-standing, near wall or in corner
- Does not Include Kii Control Remote control